How Do I Vote?
UTAH Elections are all vote by Mail.
Watch for your ballot in the mail. PLEASE DO NOT THROW IT AWAY!
When will I get my ballot?
Ballots are mailed no sooner than 21 days before the election. Ballots cannot be forwarded by the post office, so make sure the county has your correct address by visiting vote.utah.gov. Ballots will be mailed the week of October 31, 2023.
How do I submit my ballot?
After filling out your ballot, just put it in the provided envelope (one ballot per envelope), sign in the appropriate space, and seal it. Please do not sign a ballot envelope for anyone else.
Before Election Day:
Drop off your voted ballot in the sealed, signed envelope in the ballot drop box located in the parking lot of the Vineyard City Offices at 125 S. Main Street. The ballot drop box will be available 24/7 from October 31 through November 21 at 8:00 PM. There is no ballot box inside the city offices. You can drop off your ballot at any drop box located in Utah County. Please check the county website for locations.
- Mail your ballot. Ballots that are mailed must have a postmark no later than the Monday before the election. Check with your local post office for their hours of operation. Do not wait until the last minute. If you mail your ballot the day before Election Day take it to the counter at the Post Office to ensure that you receive the correct stamped postmark date. ONLY BALLOTS POSTMARKED BEFORE ELECTION DAY WILL BE COUNTED!
On Election Day:
DO NOT MAIL YOUR BALLOT!
- Drop off your voted ballot in the sealed, signed envelope in the ballot drop box located in the parking lot of the Vineyard City Offices at 125 S. Main Street. The ballot drop box will be available 24/7 from October 31 through November 21 at 8:00 PM on Election Day. There is no ballot box inside the city offices. You can drop off your ballot at any drop box located in Utah County. Please check the county website for locations.
Can I pick up a ballot for my neighbor, child, or parent?
- Ballots must be mailed to a registered voter’s registered mailing address. The county will not give ballots to anyone other than the registered voter.
What if I lose or never receive my ballot?
- If you have not received your ballot by Monday, November 6, please call the Utah County Clerk’s Office at 801.851.8128 the following day.
- Your voter registration will be checked to ensure that the information is correct. If the address is correct, a replacement ballot will be sent. If your information has changed, your registration will need to be updated and a new ballot will be sent.
- If you still do not have a ballot on Election Day, please go to any Vote Center in Utah County between the hours of 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Please check the Utah County website for locations.
What if I make a mistake on my ballot?
Up until the Friday before the election:
Take your ballot to the Utah County Elections Office in Provo:
100 E Center Street, Room 3100
On Election Day:
Take your ballot to any Vote Center in Utah County between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm.
Please check the county website for locations. You will surrender your ballot and a new one will be issued to you. You will need to bring government-issued photo ID and proof of residency or two forms of ID and proof of residency. Click here for a list of accepted forms of ID.
What if I have my ballot, but I accidentally threw away the ballot envelope?
Do not put your ballot in an unofficial envelope. Up until the Friday before the election, you will need to go to the Utah County Elections Office, located at 100 E Center Street, Room 3100, in Provo, and they will give you a new envelope. On Election Day take your ballot to any Vote Center in Utah County and receive a new envelope. You may also be allowed to run your ballot through the scanner located at any Vote Center. Please check the county website for locations.
Can two ballots be returned in the same envelope?
If there is more than one ballot in the envelope, neither ballot will be counted.
What if I forgot to sign the affidavit on the envelope before I sealed it?
If you are not sure whether you signed your affidavit, sign the outside of the envelope. The county should contact you if they receive an unsigned envelope.
What if I signed another voter’s affidavit?
Cross off the wrong signature and sign the correct affidavit. If the envelope has already been sealed, you may sign the outside of the envelope. The county will contact you if there are any concerns about the signature.
What if I can’t sign my ballot affidavit? Can someone else sign for me?
If a voter is unable to sign, they only need to make a mark (X) for their ballot to count. The mark must be witnessed and the witness must sign the affidavit.
Individuals with power of attorney cannot sign the ballot affidavit for the voter.
For U.S. citizens living overseas or serving in the military:
Vineyard residents who are either temporarily or permanently overseas and all active military personnel, including their spouses and dependents, are eligible to vote by absentee ballot under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens and Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) and Utah Law. Please apply for an absentee ballot through the state website: vote.utah.gov.
Video produced by Utah Association of Counties