WHO NEEDS A VINEYARD SOLICITOR'S LICENSE?
Anyone selling a product or service door to door within the boundaries of Vineyard must have a Vineyard Solicitor's License. This is true even if you already have a Vineyard Business License for your business location.
The Vineyard Municipal Code states:
- LICENSE REQUIRED. It shall be unlawful for:
- A transient merchant, itinerant merchant or itinerant vendor to engage in such business without first obtaining a license therefor in compliance with the provisions of this section.
- Any person to engage in the business of peddler without first obtaining a permit and license therefor as provided in this section.
- Any solicitor or canvasser to engage in such business without first obtaining a permit and license therefor in compliance with the provisions of this section.
WHY DO I NEED A SOLICITOR'S LICENSE?
A Solicitor's License is required to help ensure the safety of the citizens of Vineyard. Because the license process requires a background check on each individual solicitor, citizens can know that those who are coming to their homes selling products or services are individuals who have had a background check. Our Utah County Sheriff's Deputies are also aware of each active Vineyard Solicitor's License.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A SOLICITOR'S LICENSE?
Come to the Vineyard City office and apply in person. Bring the following with you:
- Photo ID (Driver's License, Military ID, or Passport)
- A copy of your criminal history issued by the Utah Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification (dated no earlier than 180 days prior to the date of application). For more information, go to their website: Bureau of Criminal Identification. If an out-of-state resident: in addition to the Utah BCI criminal history, you must also submit an equivalent criminal history report from your home state.
- $30 Solicitor's License Fee
Once issued, the solicitor will wear the Vineyard Solicitor's License badge at all times while soliciting in Vineyard. "Such badge shall, during the time peddlers or solicitors are engaged in the business for which they are licensed, be worn constantly by them on the front of their outer garment in such a way as to be conspicuous" (Vineyard Municipal Code Chapter 9-456-A).
How Long is a Solicitor's License valid?
A Solicitor's License is non-transferable and is valid for 90 days.